Below certifications will be an advantage
- AWS. Azure,
- GCP or OCI Solution Architect
- Lead the creation of conceptual and logical specifications for all layers of product solution (people, process, technology and information) through collaboration with business, enterprise, application, security and infrastructure architects
- Develops architecture to include the collaboration with other architects to make recommendations on software, hardware, and communications to support the product vision as well as provide for present and future cross-functional significant architecture requirements and interfaces based on solution and program increment roadmaps
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with client IT standards for architecture, including the implementation of specific solutions for public or private cloud platforms, integration with other systems and the external interfaces
- Ensures that the common operating environment is compliant with client policies. Analytically and systematically evaluates problems of work flows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action to meet compliance policies
- Ability to participate in innovation activities such as ideation, prototype development, and real-world application evaluations
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience in client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, software development, data networking, middleware, cloud, storage, virtualization, data management, or infrastructure.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in Data Modelling and Data Warehousing and lead technical reviews of solutions architecture.
- Strong understanding of common BI data functions, including data integration, data storage, data modelling, data mining, data visualization, and data analytics.
- Leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
- To design or modify systems architecture to meet certain business needs.
- Design and document Solution Architectures across EA domain areas (Business, Data , Application, Technology & Security) developing the Architectural Diagrams, Process Flow diagrams ,Data flow diagrams and Network diagrams where applicable.
- Review the latest industry trends
- Assess impact and applicability of industry trends
- Develop/ confirm industry imperatives and guiding principles
- Review & Recommend the latest technology trends that will address complex solution problems.
- Gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Knowledge transfer and writing documentation.
Experience / Skills
- 5 – 25 years of work experience in IT, including experience in software development, application architecture, and especially a minimum of 5 years of experience in solution architecture
- Experience with driving technical planning and solutions for software portfolio, including authoring or managing the development of software designs, managing vendor evaluations, and justifying technical recommendations
- Experience with providing technical leadership, mentoring on software engineering design, development, and frameworks, analyzing alternatives, and presenting technical options to leads and clients
- Experience defining a variety of solution types, such as new system builds, legacy enhancements, build vs. buy analysis, integrating COTS software packages, Software as a Service or Platform as a Service as components of the solution
- Expert collaborator with business and technical colleagues, adept at building rapport