mCashmCash is a payment solution that rides on USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) technology to process financial transactions between customers and merchants.
With this service, Fidelity Bank customers will be able to make small ticket payments to merchants registered with any of the participating banks.
How it works
Customers can dial *770*22*Merchantcode*Amount# from their mobile phones with the phone number linked to their BVN and the merchant is credited instantly.
A customer can also dial *402*Merchantcode*Amount#
As a Business Owner (Merchant or Seller)
• Register for mCASH with us
• You will be issued an 8-digit Seller code
• Paste the communication material that contains the seller code at your Pay Point in the clear view of payers
As a Payer (Customer or Buyer)
• Simply dial *770*22*Merchantcode*Amount#
• The Screen will display
1. The Name of Seller
2. List of your Banks
• Select your Bank
• Input your Instant Banking PIN/Passcode
• If you do not have a PIN/Passcode, you will be required to register for a PIN/Passcode
Key features of mCash
• Merchant (Seller) code is assigned without charge.
• The Seller receives instant credit for all transactions
• Payment is made with bank account number. You do not need a card for mCASH payment.
• The Telcos will not charge for USSD messages as the mCASH USSD channel is zero-rated
• Merchants(Sellers) will not bear any cost for Transactions below N10,000.00
• Payments can be made from any type of mobile phone.
• Payment receipt is provided as an alert by the payer’s financial institution
• Transaction security is ensured using the PIN entered by customer, IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) provided by the Mobile Network Operator (MNO) and BVN of the account Holder.
• The maximum transaction limit is N50,000
How is this service beneficial
• Additional Instant Payment alternative for Fidelity customers
• Instant Settlement of Merchants (Sellers)
• Requires no Internet Access
• Works on all mobile phones
• USSD service is available on all mobile networks with a wide coverage across Nigeria
• 24/7 availability
• Renders every participating merchant’s mobile phone as a Point of Sale device
• It is easy and convenient as it limits the volume of cash individuals need to carry around. It is well suited to micro payments.
• Facilitates financial inclusion
• Provides necessary information to the beneficiary e.g. Payee’s name and Payment Narration to help with reconciliation
Who can use mCash
• Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs)
• Religious organizations
• Bank account holders
• Anyone with a mobile phone